Hi Doug,

If the problem is in fact the GCC 7.2 tool chain, that may very well be a
problem for 18.04 also. For Readline, the version was bumped to libreadline7
between Xenial (now obsolete) and Artful (obsolete in July). One should be able
to specify libreadline-dev in the Debian control file, and libreadline7 should
be picked up. Unless of course, there is a source code need for a feature
within WSJTX that requires libreadline6 specifically.

The Final Ubuntu 18.04 package freeze happened yesterday. So, unless this issue
is confirmed, and placed at high-priority with respect to release, I doubt GCC
will shift-off of 7.2 between now and April 26th.

I have all the builds for {Trusty, Xenial, Artful,{x86-64,x86}} available here:

https://launchpad.net/~ki7mt/+archive/ubuntu/wsjtx-next/+packages

You can check the Debian source package control files. However, I do not
specify the use of libreadline-dev specifically, as it’s being pulled in by one
or more other meta packages; I don’t recall which off-hand.

73’s

Greg, KI7MT