I found out there's no leak on Ubuntu 16.04.3 but there is on 17.10.  I
upgraded 17.10 to gcc 7.3 thinking it might be a library leak and that didn't
fix it either.  It only shows up on the multi iterationS that jt9 does under
wsjtx.

de Mike W9MDB

    On Tuesday, March 6, 2018, 10:31:35 AM CST, Joe Taylor <j...@princeton.edu>
wrote:

 Hi Doug,

On 2/20/2018 2:59 PM, Doug Collinge wrote:
> There seems to be a memory leak in the jt9 process started by wsjtx. I
> have included a chart showing the memory use growing from about 20MiB to
> over 300MiB in the course of 11 hours. I set wsjtx to monitor 40m
> overnight and recorded the memory stats produced by /proc/*/statm at one
> minute intervals. The change in slope of the curves indicates the band
> opening and more signals being decoded.
>
> The configuration here is Ubuntu 17.10 with an RTL-SDR. gqrx demodulates
> USB, filters and feeds the audio to wsjt-x 1.9.0-rc1 using pulseaudio.
>
> Doug VE7GNU

Just checking in.  Have you figured out why your build of the executable
"jt9" shows a significant memory leak, but ours does not?

    -- 73, Joe, K1JT