Heavy clipping causes (almost a square wave) which produces odd harmonics.
Very light clipping (not so square) may also include some even harmonics.  If
you look at the signal with an O-scope, it is easy to see.
Hal W5GHZ

Sent from Yahoo Mail. Get the app

    On ‎Tuesday‎, ‎July‎ ‎31‎, ‎2018‎ ‎10‎:‎38‎:‎09‎ ‎PM‎ ‎GMT, Bill Somerville