Please read from bottom up... I started this message with the Yahoo WSJT-X group , I was told this  is an N1MM + issue . So I sent the message to the N1MM + user group and as you can read below , I'm told the issue is with WSJT=X

I'm only a user of N1MM + and WSJT-X FT8 mode !  In WSJT-X settings / Reporting ( N1MM logger + Broadcast )  I have checked Enable logged contact ADIF .. Now if the log time was at the end of the QSO , Club Log , LoTW and the user's would all be happy.

Now all this is not really a big issue , I can mentally detect the QSO is taking a long time and edit the time when QSO is complete

Love both FT8 and N1MM + logger, Ed N5DG

Amplifying what Steve says, in a contest, a QSO must be *completed* before the end of the contest.  If it is not, it doesn't count.  Since there is only one timestamp in a Cabrillo log, it should be the ending time of the contact.

73,

Tom - N1MM