So no one else on the Mojave is having audio issues? Going back to 1.9.1
worked fine.

The odd part is that Mojave asked to use the Microphone (which it never
did with RC2 or 1.9.1).

I had RC2 and installed RC3 and it asked to use the microphone. No joy.

So I found a copy of 1.9.1, renamed it, and ran that. Worked fine.

I reinstalled (copied) RC3 from the dmg and it asked to use the
microphone again. Still no audio.

I went back to 1.9.1 and it asked to use the microphone there too.

I think Mojave is confused.