Hi Folks,

In some far off places where some of us reside often many of us are forced to
operate at Rx levels-of-confidence that some snooty, arrogant amateurs consider
to be “low levels of confidence” (this is another issue that is holding back
FT8v2 ... but this is another story for other posts).

As a result you can often end up in what can be termed a “RRR/73” loop…

i.e. wsjt-x sends the 73, ceases Tx, and then the station responds with a RRR …
creating somewhat of a messy situation to deal with…

The only resolution is to double-click BACK on the station that issued the RRR,
in which case you often respond with a R-XX response instead of a 73 … then
part of the way through the you nee to resolve the matter with a [TX 5]
override instead of a 73… reducing the “confidence” of the signal received at
the other end.

You end up in a rather nasty, frustrating loop !

Often you have to disable the “automation” in order just to manually send
“73’s” to meet the requirements of completing the QSO.

Here is an example with explanation... and under no circumstances am I “having
a  go” here at Prashant W1APC ... I have made many contacts with him before and
always welcome repeated contacts ...

083037 Tx 1099 ~ W1APC VK3VM 73                     <== <== Tx ceases at the
completion of this and heads to CQ – TX 6.
083045 -13 0.3 808 ~ VK3VM W1APC RRR      <== <== The loop commences
083101 Tx 1099 ~ W1APC VK3VM R-13               <== <== I click on the call and
it responds with this
083103 Tx 1099 ~ W1APC VK3VM 73                     <== <== I click the Tx 5
Over-ride and DISABLE the automation
083115 -11 0.3 809 ~ VK3VM W1APC RRR      <== <== The loop re-commences
083130 Tx 1099 ~ W1APC VK3VM 73                     <== <== I intervene fast
enough with a TX
083145 -14 0.3 809 ~ VK3VM W1APC 73   <== <== Prashant finally received me
satisfactorily !
083200 Tx 1099 ~ W1APC VK3VM 73

Can the logic possibly be altered so that wsjt-x does not to head to CQ [Tx 6]
unless a 73 is received from the other station in the QSO?

Thanks from all of us in far-away lands and also to those stations that
willingly work low confidence level transmissions that often see this issue !

73

Steve I
Vk3VM / VK3SIR