Here:
http://www.arrl.org/files/file/ContestResults/2019/January%202019%20QST%20-%20Taylor%20-%20FT8.pdf

I'm curious where these ranges came from. The 10/15/20 meter ranges look
like a good idea, but it seems like 3.590-3.600MHz and 7.080-7.100MHz are
recipes for a lot of FT8 frustration.

Both of those ranges are normally amongst the busiest RTTY contest
sub-bands, especially in contests that have a large domestic component
(like the RTTY Roundup).

I suspect there will be a lot of RTTY ops unaware of this recommendation
firing up in those ranges not realizing that there are FT8 QSOs hiding in
the noise.

I fear that these recommendations will result in a lot of unsuccessful FT8
QSOs, which are no fun. Better to find a lighter used range where FT8 ops
can find each other and have more fun.

It would seem to be much better to use the top of 40 as was done for the
higher bands - data can go up to 7.125 - so why not choose 7.115-7.125.

And on 80, RTTY stations tend to bunch up against the 3.600 limit. Better
to locate FT8 down at 3.560-3.570 or even 3.550-3.560.

I suppose that at this late date there's no changing this. I would
recommend to anyone having difficulty on the recommended frequencies to go
up higher on 40, and go lower on 80. You'll find more room.

(And just FYI, some of the RTTY ranges shown in the table are not accurate
for big contests that have both domestic and DX. On 40 you will see RTTY
from 7.030 all the way past 7.100. On 80, you will see Asian DX down around
3.525.)

Thanks - jeff wk6i

--
Jeff Stai ~ WK6I ~ wk6i.j...@gmail.com
Ask me about Green Keys Night - Jan 1, 2019 0000-2359 UTC!