Firstly, a Happy New Year to all - I hope everyone has enjoyed or at least
survived the 'festive
season'!

Further to my posting on 22nd December about 4-character qualifiers in the Tx 6
message
not 'sticking', I've observed another (possible) oddity when using 4-character
qualifiers in the
Tx 6 message...

If I add the 4-character qualifier of, for example, ASIA to the Tx 6 CQ message
it appears to
be sent as one would expect, ie. as CQ ASIA G0HDB IO82.  However...

I recently wanted to call CQ for stations in Zone 3 so I tried adding the
qualifier of 'ZON3' to
the Tx 6 message; when this was transmitted it appeared as <CQ_ZON3> G0HDB IO82.

Similarly, when I tried calling CQ with the qualifier 'W6W7' the outgoing Tx 6
message
appeared as <CQ_W6W7> G0HDB IO82.

I haven't found anything in the documentation or archives to explain what
constraints there
might be on using 4-character qualifiers in the Tx 6 CQ message or to explain
why some
qualifiers but not others appear to cause the CQ plus qualifier to appear
inside the angle
brackets - is this the expected behaviour?  Can anyone shed any light on this,
please?

--
73, Martin G0HDB

---