What I can’t workout is why people are using EU VHF in the 1st place.

It is not specifically in the rules page as Saku pointed out, but top of the
contest page has a link to  FT8 settings, that clearly shows should be RTTY,
the links to MSHV has a big page on contest setup, again says rtty - wsjt
points to manual at contest settings.

So why are so many people using EU VHF?  - Hopefully as you all point out if it
is specified on the same page as the rules it _may_ help.

Tom

--
73’s

Tom