I would be interested in knowing as well, I haven’t figured out that button
either.  I observed the same thing…with EnableTX it would call CQ and without
it the thing just sits forever.

-Matt / KK4NDE

From: David Kaplan via wsjt-devel [mailto:wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net]
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2019 3:06 PM
To: wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Cc: David Kaplan
Subject: [wsjt-devel] Best S+P button

I’ll add my comments that the FT4 mock test went well.

One problem I did have, which of course could be operator error, was the “Best
S+P” button.

The FT4 Protocol pdf says: "Clicking this button during an Rx cycle arms the
program to examine all CQ messages decoded at the end of the 6-second Rx
sequence. The program will select the best potential QSO partner (from a
contesting perspective), and treat it as if you had double-clicked on that line
of decoded text.”

I’m running on the latest macOS Mojave.

I found that if “Enable TX” was enabled I would end up calling CQ, and if it
wasn’t enabled nothing would happen.

What am I missing?

David, WA1OUI