From: Martin Davies G0HDB [mailto:marting0...@gmail.com]
Sent: 21. helmikuuta 2020 2:16
To: WSJT software development <wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [wsjt-devel] TImes being incorrectly recorded in ALL.TXT

On 20 Feb 2020 at 23:10, Bill Somerville wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> I suspect the ALL.TXT rows you are referring to were decoded after the
> following period started. The algorithm for allocating to the Rx
> period is simplistic and probably unchanged since times when
> changeover periods were sufficient to complete all decoding before the end
of the period.
> With FT8 and probably more so with FT4 on busy bands that is no longer
> the case.
>
> 73
> Bill
> G4WJS.

Hi Bill, many thanks for that.

I can see that perhaps when there are two consecutive receive periods then
some of the decodes of the signals received in the first period might be
time-stamped with the time of the second period because the decodes were
completed after the start of the second period, but could this happen when
the second period is a transmission period?  Is it possible for signals
received in a preceding Rx period to be decoded after the start of a Tx
period, with their timestamp and other details then being written to ALL.TXT
?

--
73, Martin G0HDB