Well ... the 73 is what triggers the WSJT-X log panel.    As far as the
multiple RRR/RR73s, the RRR users send DO expect a 73 from you (at least
the system does), the RR73 users have no clue.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 5/21/2020 6:17 PM, Al Pawlowski wrote:
Actually, just discovered that WSKJTx already almost does this.
Putting a blank line in the tx5/custom message window during a QSO
will cause a tx disable after tx4 - whether you sent the first CQ or
not. However, the auto-log window popup does not work unless a
tx5/custom non-blank message is sent.

BTW, in testing this on 4 QSO’s, all 4 of my QSO partners sent
multiple RRR/RR73’s (after not getting a 73 from me).

Al Pawlowski, K6AVP
Los Osos, CA USA

Begin forwarded message:

*From: *Al Pawlowski <k6...@almont.com <mailto:k6...@almont.com>>
*Subject: **Re: Clicking on RR73 produced wrong TX response msg*
*Date: *May 21, 2020 at 09:37:11 PDT
*To: *wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
<mailto:wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>

A nice new feature for WSJTx might be to not reset the
custom (tx5) message (to CS 73) for a QSO and instead skip, or end
with,  tx5 depending on the message content, i.e. a blank (or ***
say) in the window would mean skip - it might even make sense to make
the skip message the default.

Al Pawlowski, K6AVP
Los Osos, CA USA

On May 20, 2020, at 16:52, wsjt-devel-requ...@lists.sourceforge.net