On 24/10/2020 15:35, Claude Frantz wrote:
On 10/24/20 4:10 PM, Bill Somerville wrote:

Hi Bill,

which problems do I have to expect when trying to compile the source code from the git repo using Debian STABLE ? Which are the solutions available ?

I haven't tried but do not expect anything that cannot be resolved by installing a package from the official repos. Ubuntu 20.04.1, which I use for development, is based Buster which is Debian stable.

Thanks Bill ! That is interesting. My opinion was that Ubuntu is based on the UNSTABLE Debian distribution. This was the reason of my question.

Best wishes,
Claude (DJ0OT)

Hi Claude,

I think that was the case when Ubuntu 20.04 was first released. As I understand it Debian Unstable is just Stable with rolling updates of packages, so Ubuntu can be based on Stable (Buster) and take packages from Unstable (Sid). Either way, both Debian Stable and Ubuntu 20.04 are Debian v10 releases.