HiYes the other threads are in relation to log4om. Anyways, seems nothing can
be done right now about this other than to run as admin.Thanks, TomSent from my
Galaxy
-------- Original message --------From: Bill Somerville via wsjt-devel
<wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net> Date: 2021-07-18  4:16 p.m.  (GMT-05:00) To:
wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net Cc: Bill Somerville <g4...@classdesign.com>
Subject: Re: [wsjt-devel] WSJT-X and Omni-Rig: Failed to start Omni Rig COM
server
    Hi Tom,

    OK, so there something else going on as
      well. You state below that old versions of WSJT-X have also
      started showing this issue, that would seem to rule out the WSJT-X
      code *and* any Qt libraries as we package them along with WSJT-X.

    I am surprised you state that this
      issue has been reported before, I must have missed that. Can you
      provide a link to a list message that reports the same issue
      please? All the message threads I can find on the WSJTX Groups.io
      group about a "Failed to start OmniRig COM server" error are
      either down to running Log4OM with administrator rights (which
      forces Omni-Rig to require other clients to run elevated), or due
      to incorrect registry contents due to not installing Omni-Rig
      correctly.

    On 18/07/2021 20:56, Tom via wsjt-devel