Tom,

I did have a minor typo in the first path I wrote below, other than that it most certainly is where the Omni-Rig configuration file is found:

C:\Users\bill\build>dir "%AppData%\Afreet\Products\OmniRig\"
 Volume in drive C is Windows8_OS
 Volume Serial Number is 56CD-82B3

 Directory of C:\Users\bill\AppData\Roaming\Afreet\Products\OmniRig

20/04/2017  15:16    <DIR>          .
20/04/2017  15:16    <DIR>          ..
18/07/2021  08:38               762 OmniRig.ini
14/08/2016  00:16               282 OmniRig.ini~
18/07/2021  08:36            18,617 OmniRig.log
               3 File(s)         19,661 bytes
               2 Dir(s)  62,254,145,536 bytes free

Note Products, not Produxts as I mis-typed.

At this point I think that running anything here with elevated rights causing different behaviour is coincidental.

I also think the "Failed to start Omni-Rig COM server" is somewhat bogus too as you have proved that if you stat the server manually WSJT-X still fails to hook up with it. I am hoping the Omni-Rig debug log has some entry that tells me what is actually happening.