On 27/08/2021 11:29, Saku via wsjt-devel wrote:

Bill Somerville via wsjt-devel kirjoitti 27.8.2021 klo 11.42:
Hi Saku,

have you tried using the rigctld-wsjtx that is bundled with WSJT-X, or the one built with the Hamlib package you linked WSJT-X with?

HI Bill!

No, not tested with rigctld-wsjtx.
But when extracted wsjtx source I removed the hamlib part and replaced it with this Git source I mentioned. So there is only one version of Hamlib in this PC.

On directly compiled and installed from Git clone source and that same source is transferred to wsjtx build. So there should not be any lib conflicts.

I may try to do Git pull again and recompile to get very latest Hamlib when time permits. I also try to find if there is any clue how to reproduce this problem.

And to Reino:
If there has not been RF problems before, and when FT8 works ok also now, I suspect that is not RF problem with FT4. But I can test it also with reduced power.

--
Saku
OH1KH

Hi Saku,

if you are not going to use the bundled Hamlib sources then there is little point in starting with the WSJT-X sources tarball we provide. That tarball is specifically set up to build WSJT-X using that bundled Hamlib. You would be better to simply clone the WSJT-X git source repository from SourceForge and checkout the tag that matches the version you wish to build, or the master branch which is normally at the same point as the latest released RC or GA version, whichever is most recent.

If you are using any rigctld process then you can turn on diagnostics for it by adding between one and five -v flags, five bieng the most verbose. To get diagnostics from the rigctl client built into WSJT-X, includng the Hamlib NET rigctl client, you can place the attached file into the WSJT-X configuration files directory (~/.config on Linux systems), then restart WSJT-X to have it create a trace log file on your Desktop called WSJT-X_RigControl.log. Oe or both of those trace files should have all that is needed to work out what is happening.

[Sinks.SYSLOG]
Destination=TextFile
Asynchronous=true
AutoFlush=false
FileName="${AppLocalDataLocation}/wsjtx_syslog.log"
TargetFileName="${AppLocalDataLocation}/logs/wsjtx_syslog_%Y-%m.log"
RotationTimePoint="01 00:00:00"
Append=true
EnableFinalRotation=false
MaxSize=41943040
MinFreeSpace=1073741824
MaxFiles=12
Target="${AppLocalDataLocation}/logs"
ScanForFiles="Matching"
Format="[%Channel%][%TimeStamp(format=\"%Y-%m-%d
%H:%M:%S.%f\")%][%Uptime(format=\"%O:%M:%S.%f\")%][%Severity%] %Message%"
Filter="%Severity% >= info"

[Sinks.RIGCTRL]
Destination=TextFile
Asynchronous=true
AutoFlush=true
FileName="${DesktopLocation}/WSJT-X_RigControl.log"
Append=true
Format="[%TimeStamp(format=\"%Y-%m-%d
%H:%M:%S.%f\")%][%Uptime(format=\"%O:%M:%S.%f\")%][%Channel%:%Severity%]
%Message%"
Filter="%Channel% matches \"SYSLOG\" | %Channel% matches \"RIGCTRL\""