>Hopefully, in an ideal world, it should be that WSJT-X  waits for a second
>RR73 (hypothetical answer confirmation sequence I mean) from the remote
>station, before to definitely close and log the QSO.

Hi Marco,
I am not sure what you mean by the “second RR73”. There seems to be a generic
misunderstanding how the protocol is assumed to work. User Guide sections 7.1.
and 7.4. provide a nice advice. For a minimum QSO, where locator information is
exchanged:

CQ K1ABC FN42                          #K1ABC calls CQ

                  K1ABC G0XYZ IO91     #G0XYZ answers

G0XYZ K1ABC –19                        #K1ABC sends report

                  K1ABC G0XYZ R-22     #G0XYZ sends R+report

G0XYZ K1ABC RR73                       #K1ABC sends RR73

                  K1ABC G0XYZ 73       #G0XYZ sends 73

The last message (73) is optional.

Relevant issue is that in none of the examples a station that receives RR73 is
sending back RR73, but 73 or nothing more for that call.

73, Reino OH3mA