On 23 Apr 2023 at 18:11, Virginia Greene via wsjt-devel wrote:

> I am amongst the most recent exiles.  I mentioned that a current
> DXpedition may be using one of WSJT-X variants - variant not named -
> running MSHV, so it would probably be better to call that station
> using Normal mode instead of Hound mode.
>
> Boom!

Commiserations, Jim, Willie and Virginia (and anyone else whose membership of
the
WSJT-X group on groups.io has been terminated!).

I also fell foul of the WSJT-X group moderator a few weeks ago - I had had the
temerity to
send a single-word response to a posting that had included the term 'MSHV' in
its title and
subsequently had my membership of the group terminated, yet the moderator had
neither
sanctioned the original posting nor another response to it that had also
repeated the term
'MSHV' in the title.

I emailed the moderator pointing out that his sanctioning of postings that
included any
reference to, for example, MSHV in either the posting's title or in the body
text was very
inconsistent - I provided a list of recent postings to the group that had been
permitted to be
promulgated despite them clearly contravening the policy of not permitting any
reference
whatsoever to the derivative apps.  I also pointed out that simply replying to
a posting that
included the name of a derivative app in its title in no way constituted a
discussion of that
derivative app.

I didn't even receive the courtesy of a reply to my email from the moderator...

--
73, Martin G0HDB