On Tue, Dec 5, 2023 at 3:35 AM Ben Gelb via wsjt-devel <
wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Have I actually improved the SNR
> substantially? Or is it possible I am just affecting the SNR
> calculation (I think it is roughly measuring the average noise level
> in the 2.5kHz window, and comparing to peaks) in a way that doesn't
> necessarily imply increased probability of decode?

Hi Ben! I live in a suburban area with lots of RFI, and use a multiple
receive antenna phasing system which effectively eliminates much of the
local noise my antennas pick up. In my experience, only local signals are
affected and anything further than the antennas' near field seems to remain
the same. Based on this experience, is it possible that you're affecting
near field noise which might increase or decrease the snr depending on
whether the noise is being cancelled? I am not an expert, just trying to do
some radio in a noisy environment! Hihi.

KC2IEB Chris