Not surprisingly, I am in favour of this :)

Given that there aren't going to be any more 2.8.x releases of
wxWidgets, I'm happy to say:
If you want a stable(ish) wxHaskell, then use the current hackage
release along with the last stable wxWidgets release (2.8.12).
If you want bleeding edge wxHaskell, then pull from code.haskell.org
along with the latest dev wxWidgets release (currently 2.9.2).

I should note one more time that I'm quite happy to stop supporting
pre 2.9.x support now, I don't know if anyone has any objection to
this?

Dave,