On 21 November 2011 18:31, Dave Tapley <duked...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Not surprisingly, I am in favour of this :)

I have spent a while thinking about this, as it has considerable
ramifications.

I don't think we have ever seen a case of an irresponsible committer (could
such a thing even exist in the Haskell community?), so I'm in favour.

> Given that there aren't going to be any more 2.8.x releases of
> wxWidgets, I'm happy to say:
> If you want a stable(ish) wxHaskell, then use the current hackage
> release along with the last stable wxWidgets release (2.8.12).
> If you want bleeding edge wxHaskell, then pull from code.haskell.org
> along with the latest dev wxWidgets release (currently 2.9.2).
>
> I should note one more time that I'm quite happy to stop supporting
> pre 2.9.x support now, I don't know if anyone has any objection to
> this?

The caveat is that I would like to do one more release on Hackage
supporting  2.8.x, as we have a number of valuable bugfixes in the devel
branches which would benefit users of 2.8.x. I will try to do this over
then next two weeks, so my proposal is...

Patches committed until the end of 2011 should be verified on a wxWidgets
2.8.x release. From 1st Jan 2012, 2.8.x is dropped, and we'll bump the
version number from 0.13.x to 0.14.x.

How does this sound?

Jeremy