Hi People,

On 19/01/16 14:51, Meir Guttman wrote:

 1. Shouldn't the name be “Part I - Introduction to GUI programming
    with wxPerl”?

I agree. Maybe we don't want to take on the task of explaining GUI programming from scratch!

 1. The equivalent of "Hello World", other than making sure the
    installation is OK, does very little to knowing how to write a
    real-world GUI application. Therefore, examples must be quite
    elaborate because in my very little experience with wxPerl, the
    problem was not with the buttons, the check boxes and the radio
    selection. It was how to combine them.

While the "Hello World" bit doesn't do much, the bit that will go something like:

   package App;
   use base 'Wx::App';
   sub OnInit {
        my( $self ) = shift;
            my $frame = Frame->new();
        $self->SetTopWindow($frame);
        $frame->Show(1);
   }

   package main;
   my $app = App->new();
   $app->MainLoop;

   1;

is quite important, and maybe it's this section we should concentrate on here. Why do we need OnInit? Can we over-ride MainLoop?

What happens if we drop ->Show()?

What other options go here?

 1. I would like to see a "Gotchas" as the last chapter, of /every
    /part, regarding the topics in it. I am sure that many people are
    falling to the same holes, and without help, it will take them too
    long to crawl out of them...

What does Gotchas mean? Is it common problems or misunderstanding or is it troubleshooting?

Regards

Steve.