On 2016-09-18 16:52, Markus Gschwind wrote:

> After hibernation mode, the Xterm is lost and therefore the open windows of
> these apps are gone (without saving the workspace). This is very annoying
> and seems to be new since I upgraded from OSX 10.6.8 to 10.9.5.

The problem has existed for a long time even with Snow Leopard. When a
Mac is asleep, it does not send regular "keep alive" packets to the X
application on remote host, so eventually that X application declares
the IP link to be dead and then ends.

To paliate this, you have to set your mac to never sleep, but turn off
screens after x minutes of inactivity.