On 2016-09-18 18:44, Piotr Grzybowski wrote:

>  I am running 10.6.8 and never ever seen any such problems. The worst thing
> you can do is upgrade.

I stayed at Snow Leopard as longa s I could. And my server still is there.

If you are running an app on same machine as your X terminal/server,
then the connection is local, and when one goes to sleep, the other goes
to sleep so neither notice they weren't there for hours when you wake
the machine up.

But when you have an app on a server whose output is targetted at your
laptop's X-server, then when the laptop goes to sleep, the app on the
server continues to run and expect regular "keep alive" heartbeats from
the X-server which does not respond because it is asleep.