On 29/11/2016 23:08, Brandon Allbery wrote:

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 4:52 PM, Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia
<jerem...@apple.com <mailto:jerem...@apple.com>> wrote:

    Odd, but I can't imagine this is related to XQuartz or quartz-wm as
    I don't think anything has changed in that area for a few years.  I
    recall some folks saying that window placement bugs started
    happening in either Yosemite or El Cap and got better in Sierra.
    Hopefully someone can chime in with more details there.

This has come up before;
see http://lists.apple.com/archives/x11-users/2016/Jul/msg00000.html
I don't recall how this ended

Hello.

Displacement of windows after sleep and/or the screensaver has
kicked in has been a big problem for me,- and I have also posted to
this list about the problem.  I got some suggestions, but none of
them actually solved the problem.

Regards

Trond.
--
Trond Kandal         Org. og Info.avd.  mobile: +47 91897110
Utviklingsseksjonen  NTNU               fax:    +47 73598200

``You cannot be a successful dictator and design women's underclothing''
 -- Bertram Wilberforce Wooster.