Hello,

meanwhile the xterm problem is discussed since quite a while — it’s time to
give an explanation:

Indeed giving Full Disk Access to /bin/bash is the correct solution. Why? Well,
assuming the standard location for XQuartz, look at
/Applications/Utilities/XQuartz.app/Contents/Info.plist. Under the key
CFBundleExecutable you will find the value X11 which is
/Applications/Utilities/XQuartz.app/Contents/MacOS/X11. The command „file
/Applications/Utilities/XQuartz.app/Contents/MacOS/X11“ returns
„/Applications/Utilities/XQuartz.app/Contents/MacOS/X11: Bourne-Again shell
script text executable, ASCII text“, so X11 is actually not a binary but a
shell script. Open it with your favourite text editor. The first line reads
„#!/bin/bash“, so eventually /bin/bash is executed upon opening
(double-clicking) XQuartz. All further X11 processes are child processes to it
and inherit the Full Disk Access right.

Best regards,
Burkhard.

Dr. Burkhard Schmidt * <https://www.cpfs.mpg.de/~bs>
Max-Planck-Institut für chemische Physik fester Stoffe
Nöthnitzer Str. 40 * 01187 Dresden * Tel. +49 351 4646-2235