Aan:x2go-dev@lists.berlios.de;
Van:newsgroups.ma...@stefanbaur.de
Verzonden:ma 13-02-2012 12:01
Onderwerp:Re: [X2Go-Dev] - Dependency for kdialog
Am 13.02.2012 11:02, schrieb Sören Plönnigs:
> is it possible to remove the dependency for kdialog from x2goserver
> package?
>
> # grep '\bkdialog\b' x2goserver_3.0.99.10
> ./x2goserver_3.0.99.10/x2goserver/bin/x2goumount-session:
> system("kdialog --error \"@line[1]\"&");
>
> It's not nice that a bunch of kde packages is needed in a non kde
> environment.

Disclaimer: I am not one of the coders.

While I'm currently using KDE (and Trinity), I'm absolutely with you
that this shouldn't be hard-coded.
And I do remember seeing a rather clever hack in a bash script once,
that tried to figure out which dialog frontend to use (I think it tried
Gnome, KDE, Xdialog and finally an xterm with regular dialog inside, if
it detected an X Session, and regular dialog on the console, or
something like that).

That was quite a while ago, though, so I don't exactly remember where
that was.

It could have been in the "Terminate or Suspend" dialog on a FreeNX
system. Or it was one of the system configuration menus in KNOPPIX (like
where you could change network settings or install the system to disk).

Also, googling turned up http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/ssft

Maybe this helps as a starting point for the coders involved?

-Stefan

!DSPAM:4f38f4ed15824979378548!