Am 13.02.2012 12:03, schrieb newsgroups.ma...@stefanbaur.de:
Am 13.02.2012 11:02, schrieb Sören Plönnigs:
is it possible to remove the dependency for kdialog from x2goserver
package?

And I do remember seeing a rather clever hack in a bash script once,
that tried to figure out which dialog frontend to use (I think it tried
Gnome, KDE, Xdialog and finally an xterm with regular dialog inside, if
it detected an X Session, and regular dialog on the console, or
something like that).
Apart from Xdialog being unmaintained upstream for several years now, that's a possibility.

But why not use the libnotify directly? That way you wouldn't need to find out, what desktop environment was running.

Oliver