Am 26.07.2017 um 11:48 schrieb Walid MOGHRABI:
> By the way, another reason why I wanted to go Ubuntu and not Debian is the
> kernel support ... Debian provides 3.16 (in Jessie) and some of our test
> hardware were too new for that and needed at least 4.x.
> Ubuntu 16.04 through its HWE support provides from 4.4 to 4.10.
>
> One question : I didn't see any x2gothinclient_init, x2gothinclient_start
> file in /etc/x2go in this image ... where is the client configured and where
> can I add my broker settings ?

It all happens via boot parameters.  Please see
<https://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/doc:howto:tce#boot_parameters_for_x2go-tce>
- you can specify a broker URL there, or a sessions file.

For newer kernels, Debian Stretch comes with 4.9, if I'm not mistaken,
and there probably are newer kernels available in the backports
repository.  We don't offer ready-made images for Stretch yet, but there
is the feature/stretch branch used by my TCE-Live co-maintainer Juri
Grabowski, so TCE-Live should work on Stretch, too.
(Yet another reason you should attend the Gathering - and bring your
demo setup - as Uli and Juri will be there in person, together with me.)

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur

--
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)