NFS-based TCE has a lot of advantages and will be kept anyway.

regards
Alex

Am 18.05.2018 um 10:14 schrieb Stefan Baur:
> Am 18.05.2018 um 10:08 schrieb Ulrich Sibiller:
>>> Alex is working on the classic, NFS-based TCE, that so far does not come
>>> with a Window Manager.
>>>
>>> Juri and I are maintaining the Debian-Live based TCE, where OpenBox is
>>> included, because we were annoyed by X2GoClient's popups being inaccessible.
>> Got it, thanks! Are there plans of mergeing the two? Or for dropping
>> one of them?
>
> Alex has a customer (I think) that wants to see TCE-NFS being kept alive
> - so while someone is actively maintaining it, we can keep it.
>
> IMO, the Debian-Live based TCE is the way to go, though, as it only
> requires a few startup scripts to be maintained as patches, and a build
> script.  The NFS-based solution seems to require a lot more manual work
> and constant changes to keep it running and supported on newer Debian
> releases, at least that's my opinion and why I started building TCE-Live.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Stefan Baur

Oleksandr Shneyder        | Email: o.shney...@phoca-gmbh.de
phoca GmbH                | Tel. : 0911 - 14870374 0
Harzstr. 4                | Fax. : 0911 - 14870374 9
D-90491 Nürnberg          | Mobil: 0163 - 49 64 461

Geschäftsführung:
Dipl.-Inf. Oleksandr Shneyder

Amtsgericht München | http://www.phoca-gmbh.de
HRB 196 658         | http://www.x2go.org