Hi Melroy,

Am 21.05.20 um 17:57 schrieb Melroy van den Berg:
> OK in that case. Let's go actions. Since I think everybody agrees.
>
> Mike also discussed other platforms like Gitlab. Which I think is a good
> enabler. I'm able to help you with setting up your own gitlab server for
> example (like I did for myself: https://gitlab.melroy.org). Somebody said
> there was a Jenkins server.
>
> My question would be: which kind of server can I use to setup such kind of
> infrastructure? Is there something arranged within X2Go? I love to help, but
> you need some machines to execute it. Or has somebody some vm in the cloud?
>
> If I have root access to such a machine, I can start. Also dns records etc.

First of all: Thanks for volunteering!  I'm horribly behind on replying
to E-Mails here lately ... :-/

We are looking at setting up an LXC instance with Debian 10 for you.
During the install phase, you will only be able to reach the container
via NAT+Portforwarding; once everything is up and running, we'll switch
over to a public IP. (At least that's our plan for now.)

The reason behind this is that we should have enough free resources on
the LXC host to provide you with such a container at no extra cost, but
the additional public IP will cost us money, so we need to discuss who
will be paying for it first.

Mike#1, Juri and Mihai will be working "behind the scenes" to get this
prepared for you.

One caveat is that we will have to live with the current bug tracker for
a while (because of $REASONS), so the first step is gitlab + tie-in with
debbugs, rather than the gitlab issue tracker.  Once everything is
running smoothly, we can look at which option works best for us (using
the gitlab issue tracker vs. using a third-party issue tracker that is
fully supported by gitlab; migrating bugs from debbugs or not, ...).

-Stefan
X2Go Project/Community Manager

--
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)