What version of Windows (XP, Vista, 7) and 32- or 64-bit?

I run x2goclient 3.01-13 on my 64-bit Windows 7 machines and it works
"good enough".

However, I am running it on a LAN (ethernet and occasionally wifi).
Also, it is not problem-free. Sometimes the mouse pointer disappears
and can only be restored by restarting the application. I used to have
problems that sounded like you described for windows not repainting,
except I could get them to repaint by moving the mouse in front of
them. But I have not had the repainting problem for quite a while.
Although I did have a new problem show up in the past several weeks,
not sure if it is x2go or firefox/flash, but sometimes when switching
tabs in firefox, a rectangle of flash painting comes with the switch,
obscuring the new tab that I switched to.

I'm also using a fairly old version of x2goserver, since I am running
Archlinux and the recent versions of x2goserver have not been built
for Archlinux yet. I was looking into installing x2goserver from
source, but I was waiting for the suidwrapper issues to settle down a
little bit first.

Anyway, several months ago I experimented with different versions of
x2goclient on windows, and all of them had problems. 3.01-13 seemed to
be the least troublesome, so I have been using that for the last
several months. But I'd be willing to try some other versions if it
will help to troubleshoot the problems you are seeing.
_______________________________________________
X2go-User mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/x2go-user

Reply via email to