On Wed, 2011-07-20 at 22:25 +0200, Mike Gabriel wrote: > Hi John, > > On Mi 20 Jul 2011 20:00:15 CEST "John A. Sullivan III" wrote: > > > Ah, got it. I like that approach and much that I saw in Pyhoca - > > including still being able to open multiple sessions. The application > > itself seemed much, much slower but I suppose that is the difference > > between Python and C++. > > Not so on Linux. I guess it is also the wxPython stuff for Windows. On > Linux wxPython wraps around GTK2+. The performance is pretty normal. > > I suppose the long startup of PyHoca-GUI on Windows relates to the way > the Python code is shipped (py2exe has been used to create a > PyHoca-GUI that does not require a locally installed Python). > > > To deal with the primary thread subject, I was at first hopeful that the > > screen painting pause was solved as I was able to work for quite a while > > without the problem appearing but, eventually it did. So all platforms > > I've tested so far have this crippling problem. > > What x2goagent version are you using on the server-side??? We have a > 3.5.0.2 version at hand that has a lot of stuff solved. > > I have recently also backported all server-side packages that are > currently hosted in the new X2go Git to Debian lenny. > > Summarized: every observation you make with the session screen itself > is a NXv3 issue. That is > > server: > ------- > libxcomp3 > libxcompext3 > libxcompshad3 > x2goagent (which is a nxagent 3.5.0-1 fork) > > client: > ------- > libxcomp3 > nxproxy > > Excellent! We are using an older version so I will try upgrading those.
> > I did notice a few strange things about Pyhoca itself. I also hit the 17 > > bit pixel depth problem. > > It seems that some Windows desktops report 17bit depth when they use > 16bit. I'll keep this in mind the next time I look at the color depth > stuff... > > > Response time to the one local LAN server I have was abysmal - utterly > > unusable and much slower than the WAN based servers. It was literally > > click and wait ten to twenty seconds. I thought this might be because > > of full screen versus windowed but changing that did not help. I then > > thought it might be because I had set the connection to LAN. I tried > > setting it to DSL but then hit my next problem. > > This has been the complete time that you were connected? Or only after > a while? Complete time I was connected. > <snip> _______________________________________________ X2go-User mailing list [email protected] https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/x2go-user
