Guys,

So what's the best linux distro to run x2go on these days, in terms of
the server, the system you connect to?  Which would people recommend?

RHEL 7.x is out, as are probably a bunch of the newer Gnome 3
desktops.  Does anything running MATE work well?  Running Debian 9.3
with lxde seems to work pretty well, using client 4.1.1.1 to connect.

But at my $WORK, where we're mostly RHEL/CentOS based, it looks like
sticking with CentOS 6.9 is the best solution currently.   Which kinda
stinks.  Does Fedora work better or at least just as well when running
the Mate desktop?

John