De: "Ulrich Sibiller" <ul...@gmx.de>
À: "Kevin Kremer" <kkmailingli...@gmail.com>
Cc: "x2go users" <x2go-user@lists.x2go.org>
Envoyé: Mercredi 16 Mai 2018 09:28:11
Objet: Re: [X2Go-User] Problems with java GUI application

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 9:16 AM, Kevin Kremer <kkmailingli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I set up an X2Go server to connect to a remote machine and most
> applications run very well. Unfortunately I rely on one java
> application where some of its GUI components suffers huge
> latencies. Here, actions like a click on a button take up to 10
> seconds to perform while there is no delay when running the
> application without X2Go.
> The latencies can be reduced to 4 seconds by reducing the
> connection speed to "MODEM" and the image quality to 0. However,
> the latency is still huge compared to running the application
> locally.
>
> Furthermore, the java application does not re-print its window and
> it stays blank when minimizing the X2Go window.
>
> My setup:
> I use Xfce as a desktop, the connection speed is set to "MODEM",
> the compression algorithm is set to 16m-jpeg, the image quality
> is set to 0 and I use Oracle's JRE 1.8.0_152. The problems also occur
> when I connect to the host within the same LAN.
>
> Maybe someone has encountered similar problem and can give me a
> few hints for solving them.

Are you using the most current version of nx-libs (3.5.99-16)? What's
the name of the app? Is it using OpenGL? And have you tried OpenJDK
instead of Oracle's java?

Uli
---
DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is private and confidential and may contain proprietary
or legally privileged information. It is for the intended recipient only. If
you have received this email in error, please notify the author by replying to
it and then destroy it. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use,
disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail or any attachment.
Thank you