Am 01.06.23 um 14:36 schrieb Enrico Baravoglia | Fucine.IT:
So we're still stuck. Any further help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The output of the grep, cat, zcat commands given in my earlier message would have been really helpful to debug how you got into this mess.
Of course, you should have ran them before trying to switch to saima ...

Also, your "apt update" run is showing an error:

Err:13 http://ppa.launchpad.net/x2go/saimaa/ubuntu focal Release
  404  Not Found [IP: 2620:2d:4000:1::3e 80]

Looks like we never built saimaa packages for focal (20.04). 18.04 (bionic) is the last Ubuntu release we built them for.

I have a Ubuntu 20.04 image that I can toy around with and reset to a known good snapshot. I could try installing X2Go saimaa's bionic packages into that and see what it does. But as I don't know how you managed to mess up your system, attempting to do that on yours has a good chance of making things even worse.

I would really need to see the apt commands you ran that led to this situation. Please provide the relevant excerpts of the history file(s).

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur

--
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)