On 05/27/2010 12:08 AM, Dick C. Reichenbach wrote: > Just for my own use... what don't you like about them. My problem is > the speed. > > Dick R. - KC8OBZ > > I don't have the netbook up at the moment to grab a screenshot but what I see is a black map with a few lines on it. When I'm connected to the Tiger maps online they're awesome. Whatever I downloaded, though, doesn't look usable at all. I have a D-Star training session tonight but I'll try to grab some shots of what I'm seeing. Perhaps it's a problem with my implementation and not the maps themselves. That's entirely possible.
As for your speed issue maybe Peter's tip might help you. > Tip: To speed up access on your flash (SD, USB or SSD) devices, check > /etc/fstab to make sure they're mounted with the 'noatime' flag. This > suppresses filesystem writes every time the files are accessed. > > Regards, > - Peter / kc0tfb -- 73 Cary Beuershausen/N4CDB http://www.n4cdb.com/wp _______________________________________________ Xastir mailing list [email protected] http://lists.xastir.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/xastir
