OK, did you by chance install Xastir from a repository? I'm thinking if yes, it's an older version that doesn't have the dbfawk files for the Tiger 2008 maps. It would be most helpful to see the result of "help-about" in Xastir as well as know what OS you are running on the Netbook.
Thanks, Lee On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 5:02 PM, Cary B/N4CDB <[email protected]> wrote: > Yes > Sent via BlackBerry > > -----Original Message----- > From: Lee Bengston <[email protected]> > Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 15:35:33 > To: Xastir - APRS client software discussion<[email protected]> > Subject: Re: [Xastir] Offline Maps > > On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 6:57 AM, CaryB <[email protected]> wrote: > >> I don't have the netbook up at the moment to grab a screenshot but what >> I see is a black map with a few lines on it. When I'm connected to the >> Tiger maps online they're awesome. Whatever I downloaded, though, >> doesn't look usable at all. I have a D-Star training session tonight but >> I'll try to grab some shots of what I'm seeing. Perhaps it's a problem >> with my implementation and not the maps themselves. That's entirely >> possible. > > Which maps did you download - the Tiger 2008 shapefiles? > > Lee - K5DAT > Murphy, TX _______________________________________________ Xastir mailing list [email protected] http://lists.xastir.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/xastir
