On Mon, 20 May 2013, David  Flood wrote:

And I can confirm that something is broke about the latest maps.I see the
alerts show up in the view window, I see the "loading weather alerts"
message in the lower left, but nothing shows up.

This is with both Cygwin and OpenSuse 10.3 with just the world map
displayed.  I've got the latest NWS files (and even went back under Cygwin
and loaded some old 2009/2010 ones I've got on a share) as well as the
latest CVS as of yesterday.all putting those extra files out there is make
the "loading" message stay on the screen longer.

I think I have to agree with you.

I didn't see a lot of alerts in my Xastir instance here (View->WX Alerts), so I
kicked the weather alert server a bit ago and started seeing more alerts in that
window.  Still seeing ZERO areas lit up though.

The most likely problem would be the newer NWS Shapefiles.  I don't recall any
changes to the Xastir code lately WRT weather alerts.

I'll do some more checking.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://wetnet.net/~we7u