Hi Lee...i should have mentioned im using a AX25 tnc port as set out in the HowTo:AX25 on the Xastir wiki

David

On 11/06/14 13:56, David wrote:
Hi Lee. i bow to your superior knowledge

i have aprsg running on Ubuntu 14.04 .....i have config it to do the same as our other local I-gate which is off the air at this time..using FT-2800 to TNC-X

it takes messages from APRS-IS and TX to the local APRS repeater....
the incoming Igate area is limited to 1300 kms so that i dont flood the repeater with too much signals.

I have heard that Xastir can IGATE but have only seen how to configure it as a Digipeater...how can Xastir be set up to do what im doing with aprsg

73 David VK4BDJ