Hi,

I'm seeing a lot of emails where I can help, but my emails weren't getting
through to the list. I'm now trying from an alternative email address.
Hopefully this will work a bit better.

I have taken over maintaining the Xastir package in Debian. Version 2.0.6
has been packaged and will be uploaded to Debian after the freeze is over
(i.e. when jessie is released). I upload the latest version of the package
to my private repository for testing before uploading it to Debian. You're
welcome to add this repository to your Debian sources.list file to get the
latest Xastir package.

  http://www.shiftout.net/~irl/

We are currently working on a ready-built Raspberry Pi image for hamradio
use that will include Xastir in it. I can let you know when this is
available for those that want to play with the Raspberry Pi.

As for running Xastir with DireWolf, this is my preferred method of running
Xastir. I will be documenting this shortly and will make this documentation
available for inclusion in the Xastir wiki (it will all be MediaWiki markup
anyway).

I have also used Xastir with DireWolf on HF and you can see more about that
on my blog:

  http://iain.learmonth.me/aprs-on-hf/

Would there be demand for a PPA to make the latest Xastir available in
previous versions of Ubuntu? If there is then this is something I can also
look into.

If you have any questions regarding Debian and Xastir, please don't hesitate
to ask and I will try my best to answer them. If you find any problems,
please tell me about them so I can fix them.

Thanks,
Iain.

--
e: i...@fsfe.org            w: iain.learmonth.me