On Mon, 18 Dec 2006, Curt, WE7U wrote: > > Of course, that shouldn't happen if we're doing an AC_CHECK_LIB, which will > > attempt a link --- those should catch the missing "dipstick" issue by > > failing > > to link the conftest. As long as that's what's happening, it's all good. > > But > > I thought I heard that it was bombing badly. Perhaps I misread things. > > Without a system to test on I can't be sure. > > Looks like we use AC_CHECK_PROG() to find "GraphicsMagick-config". > In the following section we use AC_CHECK_HEADERS() and > AC_CHECK_LIB(), but only if "darwin" isn't defined. The comments > state that we don't want to use these additional functions on OSX > 'cuz the standard macros won't find them. The GM section is VERY > similar to the IM section immediately preceeding it.
So I see your point Tom... Is there a way we can use AC_CHECK_HEADERS() and AC_CHECK_LIB() against non-standard locations? My Autoconf/automake/libtool book doesn't go into much detail on things like this. Maybe the only way to know for sure is to go look at the code for the m4 macros themselves? If we could set up some paths before we called the m4 macros it might simplify a lot of our configure code. -- Curt, WE7U. APRS Client Comparisons: http://www.eskimo.com/~archer "Lotto: A tax on people who are bad at math." -- unknown "Windows: Microsoft's tax on computer illiterates." -- WE7U "The world DOES revolve around me: I picked the coordinate system!" _______________________________________________ Xastir mailing list [email protected] http://lists.xastir.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/xastir
