Take a look at wview for *nix.  Works well with the VP series of stations.

gerry

Mike Long (N3QD) wrote:
Fred,

I have a little bit of a unique situation. My WX Station is a Davis Vantage Pro. The only way to get the VP to work with XASTIR on Linux is software called Meteo. Now, I'm not a Linux genius, or a complete newbie either, but Meteo uses MySql and is very difficult to set up. Almost none of the instructions that came with the package worked on my Ubuntu System. So since I could not get Meteo working, I needed to find another way to get my WX station on APRS. The software package I'm using to log WX Data from the VP and create my WX Website is called WView. I got that set up on my system in about two hours. The problem is it does not interface with Xastir, so I needed to find another way of beaconing my WX Data to RF. This whole thread was about getting Xastir to gate my, and only my, WX from the net to RF.

N1NAZ is doing what you may call the "normal" way to do multiple stations. I too have APRS in my truck as N3QD-9. His -4 (HF Digi) was last received 42 days ago and is likely off the air now. If I were able to get Meteo working, my WX would be a different SSID under my callsign too. I could not do that in this case because Xastir would not gate my callsign from IP to RF. That's why I had to use a tactical callsign as my station call. This is all a big workaround because Xastir doesn't directly support the Vantage Pro, and I wanted my WX on the local RF network. I had to do the same thing in a different way with UI-View. Make sense?

73,
Mike (N3QD)