If you have a system to test, I would do ignoredisk –only-use=sda

If explicit, it should use that over any calculated value.

From: Andrew Loftus [mailto:alof...@illinois.edu]
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2016 1:10 PM
To: xCAT Users Mailing list
Subject: [xcat-user] kickstart wipes out partitions of all local disks

xCAT Version 2.11.1
Lenovo X 3550
CentOS Linux release 7.2.1511 (Core)

On a stateful install, both sda and sdb are wiped, even though the kickstart
correctly identifies and paritions (and installs to) sda.  The
/root/anaconda-ks.cfg file on the freshly installed node includes these lines:

> ignoredisk --only-use=sda,sdb
> zerombr
> clearpart --all --initlabel

which I suspect are the issue.

However, I can't figure out how the "ignoredisk" line got in the kickstart or
from where it came.  It have verified that it is not in any of the xCAT
templates or "pre" scripts, nor is it in the xCAT generated
/install/autoinst/<nodename> file.

All xCAT settings relating to storage and partitioning are default.  The
osimage does not have a custom partitioning script associated with it.

Does anyone know where this comes from or how it gets put in there, or, more
importantly, how to work around it or adjust it?
xCAT-user mailing list