On 10/14/19 5:37 PM, Vinícius Ferrão via xCAT-user wrote:
Thomas,

Do you have all the entries in /etc/hosts and on the DNS?

Actually I haven't any node entry in /etc/hosts indeed.

They are redundant, I know, but sometimes xCAT picks values from /etc/hosts and
sometimes from DNS. This is really a problem, but you get used to it.

Ok.

If you’re unable to create the entries with makehosts, since you said that the
machine isn’t an xCAT object, you can put the entries manually. xCAT will not
override.

I assumed this with your feedback, not sure if it’s the problem either.

Thanks for your advice but I think I prefer using short name or IP address since it seems to workaround the issue.

--
TH.