> On 18 Jun 2015, at 16:01, Sean McBride <s...@rogue-research.com> wrote:
>
> On Thu, 18 Jun 2015 14:19:39 +0000, Steve Mills said:
>
>> Since not everybody has the same size monitors, it just doesn't make
>> sense to force lines to wrap by hitting return when you get to the end
>> of what you think is the right length. Let the computer do it for you.
>> It's smart.
>
> I agree.

Fair enough, we all have our own idea of what is readable and I find line
wrapping to unreadable so I turn it off.

Actually, if there was an option to just wrap comments or the flag was on a
file-by-file basis and easy to turn on/off (e.g. checkbox in the window
itself), it might make it better, but as it is, it an all or nothing situation.

> But Dave, you could try clang-format:
> <http://clang.llvm.org/docs/ClangFormat.html>

Thanks, I’ll have a look.

It amazes me that XCode still actually puts formatting information in the file
itself, IMO, it would be better to store source files with no white space and
reformat it as per the users preferences when they open the file. That way, we
could all views comments and format it how we like to see it. For instance,
some people like the K&R Style and some don’t, some like to indent code, some
don’t.

This is how Think Pascal worked IIRC (was a *long* time ago!).

Cheers
Dave