Hello Alex,

Is the Xcode installed in '/Applications' folder?

We did encounter issues that matched your description when we installed Xcode
on a secondary volume. Moving the Xcode app to the systems Applications folder
solved those.

Regards,
Kiran

> On 03-Jul-2016, at 1:27 AM, Alex Zavatone <z...@mac.com> wrote:
>
> The saga, the saga continues…
>
> Sweet mother of unbelievably terrible application design.
>
> I spent the time to set up a fresh install of 10.11.5 on a brand new drive
> and a fresh install of Xcode 7.3.1 and a fresh install of OS X Server 5.1.5
>
> Launched Server.
>
> Same issue.
>
> I had the console up and saw the message in the console to enter this command:
>

> sudo xcodebuild -license
>

> That allowed Server to start configuring Xcode.
>
> I OK all the alerts and dialogs and then, OS X Server reports this:
>
> Xcode Server setup failed
>
> An Unexpected Error Occurred.
>

> An nothing else.  That's it.
>
> BUT, it shows that Xcode server is on.  So, I then it off and then turn it on
> again.  It asks me to select Xcode again.
>
> WTF, APPLE?  Does ANYONE test this software?
>
> Does anyone in the company install it?
>
> This is a fresh install - FROM THE APP STORE of OS X El Capitan 10.11.5, OS X
> Server 5.1.5, and Xcode 7.3.1 on a BRAND NEW SSD I bought yesterday.
>
> This is day 2 of trying to install and use this software.
>
> So, I try this three more times.
>
> Two more cases of "Xcode Server setup failed"
>

> And then magically, on the third try, it starts working.
>

> No explanation what failed previously, or why setup completed this third time.
>
> I'm rebooting and retesting to make sure that this change has stuck and that
> this is indeed a working Xcode build server.
>

> It's unbelievable that this is considered professional grade software for one
> of the biggest companies in the industry.
>

> Trying to use OS X Server is just a horrid experience - and I already have a
> working version that I set up 6 months ago in my old office.  This process
> should not suck this badly, but it does.
>

> We'll see if Fastlane is a better or worse solution for CI and delivery when
> I evaluate it.
>
> - Alex Zavatone
>

> On Jul 1, 2016, at 3:04 PM, Marco S Hyman wrote:
>
>> On Jul 1, 2016, at 12:01 PM, Alex Zavatone <z...@mac.com
>> <mailto:z...@mac.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Well, what do you know?
>>>
>>> Every time i launch OS X Server 5.1.5 and try to turn on Xcode server, it
>>> asks me to reselect my version of Xcode and accept the damn license
>>> agreement.
>>>
>>> Every damn time.
>>>
>>> This is a FRESH INSTALL OF OS 10.11.5 and a FRESH INSTALL OF XCODE 7.3.1.
>>
>> Did you launch Xcode outside of server first?  I’ve had similar “Accept
>> License Agreement” messages in the past and have gotten past that step by
>> stopping whatever it was I was trying to do and instead launch Xcode.
>> After answering any questions I sometimes opened preferences and made sure
>> any Components I need were downloaded and that the appropriate command line
>> tool version was set.  Finally I quit Xcode and went back to whatever it was
>> I was trying to do in the first place.

> [...]

Robosoft Technologies - Emotion Engineering & Design

Disclaimer: This email may contain confidential material. If you were not an
intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete all copies. Emails to
and from our network may be logged and monitored. This email and its
attachments are scanned for virus by our scanners and are believed to be safe.
However, no warranty is given that this email is free of malicious content or
virus.