> On 15 Aug 2019, at 16:19, Wieczorkiewicz, Pawel <wipa...@amazon.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Lars, Julien,
>
> Thanks for the pointers, I will read them up and follow the recommendations
> with my future contributions.
> Sorry for the mess…

It's not really a mess: it must have been quite a pain to put the mails
together manually
And it would become more painful for a second revision
I have been through this myself

> But, let me ask first before reading the wikis, how do you prefer submitting
> series that contain patches belonging to 2 distinct repos (e.g. xen and
> livepatch-build-tools)?

That's a good question and a very rare use-case. We split them, as all the
tools such as git format-patch only work on one repo
Applying patches also only works on a per repo basis

So, I would send two series. But mention the relationship in the cover letter
(and/or patch if it is a single one)

The tools in the docs currently may not work on livepatch-build-tools.git
* First: there is no MAINTAINERS file in livepatch-build-tools.git, which
really should be added
* Second: using xen.git:/scripts/add_maintainers.pl may not work when called
from within livepatch-build-tools.git

I am going to play with this and update the docs and if needed the tools
accordingly
You may have to improvise in the meantime:
* Step 1 & 3 will work: Step 2, option 1 will probably not (which means until I
have done this, you may have to follow option 2 and make sure that the right
people are CC'ed)

You can also use: https://patchew.org/Xen/ <https://patchew.org/Xen/>,
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/xen-devel/list/
<https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/xen-devel/list/> or
https://lore.kernel.org/xen-devel/ <https://lore.kernel.org/xen-devel/> to
track some of the changes. I have not had time to add this to the docs yet

Lars