Hollis Blanchard wrote:
On Fri, 2006-08-25 at 15:16 -0400, Jimi Xenidis wrote:
On Aug 25, 2006, at 3:00 PM, Hollis Blanchard wrote:

On Fri, 2006-08-25 at 14:18 -0400, Maria Butrico wrote:
I should report to the list some of issues we have been having with
memory when using xen, it's dom0 and another partition.

The first problem is that by default dom0 only has 64M and that there is no way to change this other that changing xen (the fix is easy enough).
64M is too little to run the compiler and build the tools.
64M is plenty. I've never suffered from any memory issues while building the tools.

Maybe because they're using NFS they have more memory pressure.

No. We have memory pressure even when we boot the the local disk. Please see http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-ppc-devel/2006-08/msg00330.html.
You don't need to run a compiler in dom0. I don't...
I have the same question on this one that Jimi already asked and that was already answered. In any case we need to run the compiler eventually the GPFS client and lots of other junk.
Funny, I do so I can "$ make install-tools" in my Dom0.
Hollis, how do you install your tools?
Do the cross build yet?

No, I haven't pursued that because I haven't had the time.

I build on another PPC system, "make DESTDIR=foo install-tools", and
copy foo/* to the victim.