(Just for logging the forgotten part here)

xen_init_early() in <test/lib/xenlib/xen_routines.c> hard-codes the address of xen_start_info as 64MB-16KB, so this should also be modified for 128MB.
From chat with Orran, he already modified it, but 128MB domU still didn't work.

Kiyokuni KAWACHIYA, Ph.D. / IBM Tokyo Research Laboratory

Orran Y Krieger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

2006/09/01 15:02

xen-ppc-devel@lists.xensource.com
cc
Subject
[XenPPC] 128 meg domU???

Been trying to increase the memory used for our library OS to 128Meg,

In ppc970.c switched the rma size to 128 meg:

unsigned int cpu_default_rma_order_pages(void)

{

-    return rma_orders[0].order - PAGE_SHIFT;

+    return rma_orders[1].order - PAGE_SHIFT;

}

Also, modified the configuraiton

# Initial memory allocation (in megabytes) for the new domain.

memory = 128

I got a series of hypervisor calls, but console output no longer worked.  My assumption was that start_info was moved, but as far as I can tell the memory location is hardcoded in the domain builder.
Got from amos a linux, and modified its configuraiton the same way.  It hit a bug in Xen:

(XEN) BUG at mm.c:383

I also changed xen to have an rma of 64Meg (i.e., undid the change above) and changed just the configuraiton file, and got the same BUG at mm.c:383

is there anything else needed to support 128 meg domu?